Combo, "Food & Family Tool Kit"
- DVD, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food & Family
- Book, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love Special Edition
- DVD, Stress Free Cooking - Every Day and Holidays! With Chef John Doherty
- Recipe & Tradition Box
- Website Access
- Magazine Subscription
- Carton of Chicken Broth
This amazing collection of carefully selected items gives you the practical tools that will help you bring family and friends around the table again, eating delicious, easy-to-prepare home-cooked meals.
• DVD, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food & Family . See description in first item above.
§ Book,Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love Special Edition. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love Special Edition will stir up those delectable feelings and memories that certain aromas and tastes always bring. Readers will relish in the succulent and tasty stories on how love and food together played a flavorful part in life, leaving them with a divine aftertaste and a pungent yearning to read more. Plus, there bonus recipes in this special edition along with a foreword by Catherine Cassidy, Editor-in-Chief of Taste of Home magazine and an introduction by Executive Chef John Doherty of Chicken Soup for the Soul foods. (Softcover, 405 pages; Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, 2014; 8.5 x 5.5 x 1 inches)
• DVD, Stress Free Cooking - Every Day and Holidays! With Chef John Doherty. In this DVD packed with recipes, tips and more, viewers will learn cooking secrets from the man who cooked for millions of discerning guests, including presidents and celebrities. There are recipes for one-pan meals, how to roast a perfect chicken or turkey, how to make fabulous gravy, grilling tips and more. The program includes recipes from Chef John and from Taste of Home - and includes recipes from the Chicken Soup for the Soul food line. A beginner cook or a seasoned chef will enjoy the recipes, tips and advice from our hosts on making holidays and every day more enjoyable in the kitchen. (Running time approx. 45 minutes)
• Recipe & Tradition Box. In this box, which is ready for you to customize, you'll find a collection of pre-made and blank cards that give you a place to keep all of your favorite recipes, family traditions and more together and easy to share. There are recipes from Chef John Doherty and Taste of Home; as well as cooking and grilling tips; tradition cards with suggested ways to connect with the people you care about around the table and in the kitchen; and conversation cards to turn any meal into a fantastic way to start fun and engaging conversations.
The box comes with 100 cards. More than 50 cards have recipes and tips, many from Taste of Home and Chef John Doherty. Additional cards present tips on traditions, holiday highlights, and conversation starters with adults, teens and kids. Also included are blank cards that you can customize, along with 24 tabbed dividers.
Note: Related materials are accessed via the special website (see below) - i.e., downloadable printouts of card types and a video on how to personalize the box.
• Website Access, Food & Family Public Television Exclusive. This special online website created for you by Chicken Soup for the Soul and Chef John Doherty has even more tools and tips to integrate all these pieces so you can make quick and healthy meals and get your family and friends back around the table.
The website includes:
Additional cooking videos from Chef John Doherty
Recipes for pantry ingredient meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Our favorite Chicken Soup for the Soul and Taste of Home stories of food, family and love
Tips to bring the family together around the table
Ideas for creating your own traditions
Downloadable printouts of all the Recipe & Tradition Box card types
15-minute video, Personalizing Your New Recipe & Tradition Box with Amy Newmark and Catherine Cassidy
• Magazine Subscription, Taste of Home . This 6-month subscription to Taste of Home brings you 3 issues of America's most popular cooking magazine - with tried and tested recipes from home chefs from all over. Taste of Home is at heart a friendly exchange of authentic family-favorite recipes handed down over generations and shared among loved ones.
The recipes are practical because they're from home cooks -- not gourmet chefs -- and feature familiar, everyday ingredients; clear, beautiful photos; and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions. Taste of Home fosters a strong and loyal sense of community among like-minded home cooks of all ages, who share food preparation secrets and tips, humorous and heartwarming anecdotes, and glimpses into their kitchens, their homes and their lives.
• Carton of Chicken Broth. The Chicken Soup for the Soul chicken broth was developed with Chef John Doherty, and it's the base for many of the recipes on the DVDs and included in the Recipe & Tradition Box.
Note on DONOR ACCESS to Website | Magazine Subscription | Carton of Chicken Broth. Inside the Recipe & Tradition Box, there's a card with details on how to access the exclusive website, activate the magazine subscription and get the chicken broth. The card has two codes - one code to access the exclusive web portal and another code to activate the magazine subscription and get the carton of chicken broth. The donor goes towww.chickensoup.com , clicks on the "Connect" tab to get to the dropdown menu, and then clicks on the "Food & Family Public Television Exclusive" button. The donor accesses the exclusive web portal by entering one code. Once on the exclusive site, the donor enters another code for the magazine subscription and chicken broth.
DVD, CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: FOOD & FAMILY
In this program, the viewer learns the importance of bringing people together around the table again and eating food made at home. In a country where one in four meals is fast food, one in five meals is eaten in a car, and where eating together has become a luxury, we are in desperate need of solutions that are quick and easy. We learn the emotional, physical and overall health benefits to eating a home cooked meal with others, as well as how to do that in an easier, faster, stress-free way.
Three hosts from the food world - Amy Newmark (Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series), Catherine Cassidy (Editor-in-Chief of Taste of Home Magazine), and John Doherty (former Executive Chef of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York) - explore the relationship between food, family and love. Internist Suzanne Koven, MD, provides additional commentary.
Extra material: Bonus Q & A session with the hosts and the audience, additional info from Dr. Suzanne Koven, and tips for stress free entertaining with Amy Newmark and Catherine Cassidy (approx. 30 minutes)
Running Time: Approx. 36 minutes broadcast program, plus approx. 30 minutes of extra material
To make a pledge and become a WVPT Monthly Sustaining Member - Call 888.987.8727