Work With Us
Work With Us
WVPT Public Media, producing the best local programming on television and conducting stimulating education and community service projects, has a vibrant, creative working environment. Open communication and employee appreciation stimulates professional growth and creative expression for a satisfying work experience.
- 401K Plan for Employees
- State-of-the-Art Health Plan
- Flex Benefits Plan
- Competitive Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Approved Classes
Applying for Jobs at WVPT
- Inquiries on job openings may be made by phone to the Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
- All current job openings are posted in various newspapers and other pertinent publications
- In response to a job opening, forward the necessary, fully completed materials to WVPT before the stated closing date
- Cover letter
- Any other requested materials stated in the job listing
- Resumes are reviewed and interviews scheduled by the appropriate Department Head
- All applicants are sent a letter after the position has been filled
- Blanket job applications are held for six months
Preparing for the Interview
- Plan appropriate business dress
- Bring required materials: examples of previous work, proof of certifications, etc.
- Be prepared to answer questions about work history and work habits
- Come with your questions
Human Resources Contact
Donna Meyerhoeffer, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
WVPT Public Media
847 MLK, Jr. Way
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Ph: (540) 434-2455
Fax: (540) 434-7084
Web Production Intern
To prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system. Interns may also support Interactive Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. WVPT.net is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances our brand and expands the SVETC presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and ondemand videos.
Marketing and Communications Intern
This is an ideal position for a Marketing, Communications or Public Relations major interested in new media & television, in building his or her portfolio of writing samples, and interested in social media.
Community Engagement Project Intern
The WVPT Community Engagement department extends the impact of public broadcasting through a variety of media services, materials and collaborative activities designed to engage individuals and foster community by addressing issues of concern. Interns provide support for our community engagement initiatives and donor events.
For additional information please contact Donna Meyerhoeffer at firstname.lastname@example.org.