WVPT Public Media is seeking a Development Officer to serve as a valued and empowered member of the development staff, responsible for leading Membership Donor and Mid-Level Donor ‘step up’ initiatives to advance giving efforts, serving as an integral part of the Membership/Leadership Donor strategy team to secure current donors, acquire new donors and advance donors and prospects for sustainable support, and leading the station’s social media
Web Production Intern
To prepare, publish and maintain website content through the company’s content management system. Interns may also support Interactive Producers in content research, development, production, and creating procedure documentation. WVPT.net is a dynamic interactive platform that enhances our brand and expands the SVETC presence 24/7; users depend on it for timely content and ondemand videos.
Marketing and Communications Intern
This is an ideal position for a Marketing, Communications or Public Relations major interested in new media & television, in building his or her portfolio of writing samples, and interested in social media.
Community Engagement Project Intern
The WVPT Community Engagement department extends the impact of public broadcasting through a variety of media services, materials and collaborative activities designed to engage individuals and foster community by addressing issues of concern. Interns provide support for our community engagement initiatives and donor events.
WVPT--Virginia's Public Television, producing the best local programming on television and conducting stimulating education and community service projects, has a vibrant, creative working environment. Open communication and employee appreciation stimulates professional growth and creative expression for a satisfying work experience.
- 401K Plan for Employees
- State-of-the Art Health Plan
- Flex Benefits Plan
- Competitive Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Approved Classes
Applying for Jobs at WVPT
- Inquiries on job openings may be made by phone to the Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
- All current job openings are posted in various newspapers and other pertinent publications
- In response to a job opening, forward the necessary, fully completed materials to WVPT before the stated closing date
- Cover letter
- Any other requested materials stated in the job listing
- Resumes are reviewed and interviews scheduled by the appropriate Department Head
- All applicants are sent a letter after the position has been filled
- Blanket job applications are held for six months
Preparing for the Interview
- Plan appropriate business dress
- Bring required materials: examples of previous work, proof of certifications, etc.
- Be prepared to answer questions about work history and work habits
- Come with your questions
Human Resources Contact
WVPT—Your Source for PBS and More!
847 MLK, Jr. Way
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Ph: (540) 434-5391
Fax: (540) 434-7084