- WVPT Public TV Production intern (2 non paid training positions)
Job Description: Intern needed for production work. 6 – 10 hours a week. Flexible daytime hours. Duties include running television camera during program tapings. Assist with Studio work. (I:E Moving set pieces, lighting sets, running cables and microphones.) Edit promos and interstitials using Final Cut Pro. Basic knowledge of video editing systems and a broadcasting / communications background is preferred.
WVPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WVPT offers non paid credit only internships, spring, fall and summer. These positions are in the Creative Services Department (including both production and communications) Education Services including Web work, grant writing, and events, and Development.
WVPT--Virginia's Public Television, producing the best local programming on television and conducting stimulating education and community service projects, has a vibrant, creative working environment. Open communication and employee appreciation stimulates professional growth and creative expression for a satisfying work experience.
- Aggressive Retirement Plan
- 401K Plan for Employees
- State-of-the Art Health Plan
- Flex Benefits Plan
- Competitive Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave Compensation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Approved Classes
Applying for Jobs at WVPT
- Inquiries on job openings may be made by phone to the Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
- All current job openings are posted in various newspapers and other pertinent publications
- In response to a job opening, forward the necessary, fully completed materials to WVPT before the stated closing date
- Cover letter
- Any other requested materials stated in the job listing
- Resumes are reviewed and interviews scheduled by the appropriate Department Head
- All applicants are sent a letter after the position has been filled
- Blanket job applications are held for six months
Preparing for the Interview
- Plan appropriate business dress
- Bring required materials: examples of previous work, proof of certifications, etc.
- Be prepared to answer questions about work history and work habits
- Come with your questions
Human Resources Contact
Donna Meyerhoeffer, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager
WVPT—Virginia's Public Television
298 Port Republic Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Ph: (540) 434-5391
Fax: (540) 434-7084